Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 313 The DC Trip

Saturday night and man what a day! I woke this morning at Nine oclock. I never sleep that long, but I didn't wake a single time last night. This bed is the most comfortable in history. I need some new Mattresses. I hopped out of bed and made some coffee, jumped in the shower and got out of the room. I took my rental car to the train station, then rode the train in to DC. I wanted the full experience. I started out at the National Mall, then went to the National Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. I was in awe. I have been all day. This entire day has been spiritual for me. As I walk from place to place and meet people, my attitude has been that of humility and gratitude. I haven't been angry all day. I prayed and walked, and marveled at how beautiful DC is. The Lincoln Memorial is amazing. The History behind it makes me feel very small, yet inclusive at the same time. I can tell you that the only thing missing today was Beck. I missed her horribly this morning as I always do, but I talked to her and God all day out loud. This day has definitely left me thinking, but worn completely out. As soon as I write this, I'm going to bed. 

I went to the WWII memorial and met some people from NC, then I walked across and went to Arlington National Cemetery, and it was there that I was truly taken back. I could feel the history as I crossed the Potomac. I was standing in the midst of heroes. The blood and sacrifice that was shed for all of us was represented there. It is one of the most beautiful and awe inspiring places I've been. I watched the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I saw JFK's grave, and I walked along the headstones, reading their stories and paying homage to the fallen heroes there. I saw the eternal flame and it went to my heart. 

I left the cemetery, jumped in a cab, and had lunch at a place called "Old Ebbitt Grill". I had the grilled filet mignon, and it was one of the best cuts of beef I've ever had. I ate then had coffee across the street, and headed to the White House. I took pictures of other Government buildings, and I went in an Art Gallery which is part of the Smithsonian, but they said no Pics. I'm going to the Smithsonian in the morning before the game. I took pictures of the White House, saw a jogger get arrested for getting too close, then walked back across the front lawn to where I heard Christian praise and worship music! They were having a tent revival, and it was just what I needed. I prayed, then sang a couple of songs, and I headed out to the Holocaust Museum, but I didn't get there in time, so I'm going tomorrow as well. 

After all of that, I rode the train back to the hotel, chilled the room to sixty degrees, put on my PJ's, and now I'm here. This day was exactly what I needed. I was alone all day with my thoughts and prayers. I only cried a couple of times when I missed Beck, but other than that, I was okay and in total awe. I needed something to take me out of my head, and DC did just that. I guarantee I walked ten miles today. My legs are going to be hurting tomorrow, but in a good way. I took my last steroid today. I'm blown up like a Christmas Turkey! I look like I weigh five hundred pounds. Steroids blow me all out of proportion, but now I'm off of them. I've been on them for two weeks. They also affect me emotionally, so I should feel better as well. My exorcise plan and diet start Tuesday. I'm going to lose thirty pounds before I let up. It's time to take care of myself. Beck would have wanted me to, and I know God wants me to.

I'm deliriously tired, so I'm going to lay across this huge king sized mucho comfortable' bed, (that's Spanish), and sleep. It's been a wonderful, fabulous day. I needed it to be, and God knew that. I guess that's why it was seventy degrees all day.

Sweet Dreams and God Bless! Church in the morning, Smithsonian, then Go Redskins! Love you!