Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day Two

It's day two of Becka's radiation treatments. Yesterday was terrifying. Everything went well until last night. Becka's head started hurting, her face was swollen, and she became violently ill. I propped her up in the bed with pillows and put the trash can beside the bed. She started to get sick, then her eyes rolled back, she stopped breathing, and she passed out. Her skin was hot to the touch. I laid her on her back, freaked out, and about the time I was going to dial 911, she came to.

The doctor explained it today. Apparently her brain will swell when she has radiation...(something I'm sure they told us). The tumors in her brain swell as well, and it makes her very sick. She apparently had a seizure last night. The doctor says it's nothing to worry about, but if it happens again, call him. He started her on some steroids that will help with the swelling, the pain, and her appetite. I wish I could take this off of her, but she's so strong, and she wants to get well. I still can't believe it, but it's becoming real very quick. God please have mercy on her. Please continue with the prayers. Every prayer counts! More to come.....