Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day Fourteen

Last night was emotional. We don't sleep normally anymore. We get up at all hours of the night and talk. Last night Becka was upset, which is understandable. We can't see God's plan for this even though we know he has one, and she asked me what she had done to deserve this. I said a quick prayer for the words to say, then I told her we need to try and concentrate on what God has done for us, because he didn't give her cancer. I told her that God gave her pain in her side, (which the doctors say had nothing to do with the cancer), and that pain got her to the doctor. If she hadn't gone when she did, it would have been too late by the time the doctors got involved. Instead of coming home and telling the kids that she wasn't going to be here much longer, she was able to tell them that she is going to be okay. She IS going to see them graduate from High School, get married, have children, live their lives, and in the mean time, she will have first hand knowledge of recovering from cancer, and she will be able to reach out to others who are afraid like she is now. People who are sick and don't have hope will look forward to seeing her every week, because the fact is that some people don't have any support from family and friends, and they have to face this alone.

I've been working all day, and now I'm going to relax. My mother cooked us supper tonight! Home made macaroni and cheese, chicken and biscuits, and fresh fruit sounds really really good! I'm taking off Wednesday and Thursday of next week. Becka has her last radiation on Wednesday and then her pre-op, then Thursday they are inserting her Port-a-cath for the Chemotherapy. I'm going to be there for her. I'm so glad she isn't starting chemo until after Christmas.

Please keep her in prayer tonight more than ever. I'm going to help her shave her head tonight. Her hair has been coming out in clumps, and it's time. I guess we can compare bald heads tonight. I'm not shaving hers to the scalp. She wants me to use clippers and cut it short. This is going to be hard, but we can do it if we know God is with us. Please pray the Holy Spirit gives her strength and takes away the fear and sadness.

God Bless and love you all! More to come......