Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day Twenty One- Christmas!

Today has been a fantastic day! We woke this morning early and welcomed Santa Claus, then I cooked a breakfast of bacon, sausage, and pancakes. We exchanged gifts and relaxed. That's when the devil tried his best to steal our joy. Becka and I butted heads, and it could have escalated and ruined our entire day as well as the kids, but the enemy doesn't know how deep our love is for each other and for God. We came together in an embrace, apologized, and decided that we wanted to give this day to God. We both have been stressed beyond comparison, so it's understandable. One thing I've learned is that couples who love each other will always argue. The trick is to keep loving each other during the argument. We went on to my mother's house with a green bean casserole and a pink lemonade cake, both made by Becka. It was fantastic! Everyone wanted to hug and kiss Beck. My mother and stepfather bought her a sewing machine! We came back to the house and lay down for a bit. She's still asleep, probably for the night.

I'll probably wake her up to take a pain pill so that she won't start hurting during the night. Then she would have to wait for it to take effect. Better to be proactive.

I think this was my best Christmas ever. I'm so grateful that she felt good today! God gave her strength and carried both of us through the day. All we had to do was let him! It's funny. I always knew how beautiful she is, but every time I look at her she becomes more so. I didn't think it was possible, but I love her more every day. The enemy and cancer is NOT going to take her away from us! We still have so many things to do first!

She has an appointment with the doctor on Tuesday. I'm not sure when they are starting her Chemo, but it won't be long. Even though I know it might make her sick, I'm grateful for it because I know it will save her life!

Sweet Dreams and God Bless! Thank you for all of the cards and well wishes. More to come......