Friday, December 16, 2011

Day Twelve

It's FRIDAY!! That meant today was the last day of Becka's radiation! I took off work to be with her. She came walking out with the mask that they made to hold her head in place for the treatments. We are grateful for what it did, but we are going to have a "mask destroying" party because of what it represents. I have an axe, a sledge hammer, and some lighter fluid ready. We are going to record it for facebook! I pray that she never EVER has to wear one again. Next week she finishes with radiation for good.

We went out to breakfast again after therapy, then to walmart for a bit. I'm cooking pork chops in the crockpot, and we are going to relax tonight! Becka's head is sore now, so it's only a matter of time before we lose our hair. I'm looking forward to shaving my head. Maybe I'll look like Stone Cold Steve Austin....(the later years after he stopped working out).

A friend who teaches Reiki is coming Sunday to perform it for Becka free. He teaches it and is coming all the way from Asheboro! Reiki is a Japanese form of relaxation and healing therapy. He said that he will teach me how to do it. I pray that it helps! It sure can't hurt!

Going to take Andrew to Taekwondo. I'll write more later....