Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day Thirteen

Day thirteen and we are still chugging along. The radiation has caught up with Becka. She has no energy, her head is sore and hurts, and she's light headed. She also has severe heartburn. I pray the Lord takes this off of her very soon. I've been running all day trying to make some extra money. This is the first time I've sat down. I took Andrew to a party at Taekwondo, and I'm picking him up at 9:30. Autumn and I are headed to CVS to get her some shampoo and stuff, then after all of that I get to rest, lol.

 I love being a stepfather and a husband. My heart is definitely in the right place today. I hope I can keep it there, because I know the next couple of days may be rough. The doctor told Becka that when her head got sore was when she was fixing to lose her hair. I know she's prepared for it, but I also know it's going to hurt her. She's not vain in the least, but still, you can imagine. I can't convey in words how beautiful she is to me, with or without hair, but I'll keep trying. Her face is her best feature anyway. I pray the Holy Spirit stays with her through everything, and I know he will!

 I would say that I'll be glad when life returns to normal, but life as we knew it has changed forever. We don't yet know what "normal" will be like. I don't really care as long as we are all together. I'm prepared to walk through whatever God wants us to, and we will do it as a family.

 God Bless all. Please continue to pray, and I'll keep praying for all of you! More to come.....