Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day Eleven

Day Eleven has come to an end almost, and it's been a wonderful day! I took off work all day and took Beck to her radiation this morning, then we had a great meeting with her doctor. He's awesome and incredible, and I am going to do something very nice for him one day. He had GREAT things to say, and he was very impressed with the way Becka is doing. He hugged her at the end of the meeting and said "Merry Christmas"! We will see him again after the first of the year. We left his office and went by to see my mother at her work, then we ended up saying hey to everyone there. They all wanted to hug Becka! So many people are praying, and I know that God hears their prayers.

Afterwards, we went out to breakfast at IHOP and it was heavenly, I took her shopping, then we went to a place called "Cancer Services". Becka signed up and met with her representative "Iris" who is a cancer survivor! They are WONDERFUL and BLESSED there! They do so much for cancer patients such as supplying wigs, scarves and hats, helping with medications, counseling and support groups, nutrition counseling....the list goes on and on. I can see Becka volunteering there after she recovers! Iris is a wonderful lady from Puerto Rico. She said she's a recovering Catholic, lol. She converted to Baptist. I've never thought that mattered too much. All that matters is who we call our Lord! There will be Catholics, Baptists, Moravians, Adventists, Pentecostals, Bapticostals...lol. God is working in our lives so much, directing our path and reaching out with his people. We are truly blessed.

Becka is losing energy more and more, but it's completely understandable. Her last radiation to her brain is tomorrow! WOO HOOO!! Then she starts her Chemo, but it's all good. She's strong enough for anything, because she has God with her. Last night was emotional, and we sometimes wonder, "Why her", but I told her that I think God wants her to work with others that have cancer because of her personality and heart. She can reach out and talk to anyone, and people feel at ease with her. I think he has big plans for her concerning others, but how could she help them unless she knew first hand what they were going through? It's one thing to say that I will pray for someone. It's another to say that God healed me of the same thing and he will heal you too! Experience is a powerful witness. I believe that is the reason!

Going to bed, I'll write more tomorrow. God bless everyone! Love you all! More to come.....