Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day Twenty Three

Rainy day today. Took all of my energy, as if I had any. I got a lot accomplished today at work thanks to Gina. She took Becka to the doctor. Did I mention how glad I am she's here? The doctor wants Becka to heal for a while from the radiation before she starts Chemotherapy, so she will get her first treatment on the tenth of January. I'll be taking off that day to be with her. I pray it doesn't make her sick, but even so I'm grateful for it. It's going to save her life, put her in remission, and make her well again. I'm looking across the room at her right now, sleeping on the couch. She's so worn out. Just six months ago she was testing for her yellow belt in Taekwondo and winning a trophy for board breaking. I dream of the day that she's full of energy again so we can go somewhere special together. I know that is coming soon!

I brought home some pork barbecue for supper. Everyone chowed down and Gina cleaned up the kitchen! I could kiss her, but she's got a big, scary boyfriend. Oops, that's right, I have kissed him! (Long story).

I'm going to call it a night early again. I have two doctor appointments tomorrow. My doctors have worked with me since I had to be with Beck at hers. I'm going to see my Orthopedic doctor in the morning, and my Neurologist after that. He gives me acupuncture for pain. I get Sciatica so bad sometimes that I can't walk, so along with the acupuncture, my ortho gives me steroidal epidurals. I can't take any narcotics and the insurance company won't pay for surgery yet. I have to be on pain therapy for a year before they will fix it permanently. Sounds like a scam to me , but I can't have surgery right now anyway. I need to be able to take care of my Angel, and I LOVE that job by the way. I'm so grateful to God for putting us together when he did. It fills my heart to know that she trusts me to take care of her needs and wants, and I love everything we do! She's taken care of me since we met. It's my turn!

My life is on a certain course, determined by God, set by the Holy Spirit, and accepted and carried out by me. If I could have any other life, I would chose this one. My heart and soul are with her, so my body is going to stay as well. I don't know what God has in store for the future. I know he hears our prayers, and I truly believe they make a difference with him. He loves us, and he knows what's best for us. He knows our hearts, and we know him by only one word - Love. My favorite song, possibly of all time, is by Casting Crowns. It's called "Praise you in this Storm". If you get a chance, listen to it on youtube. The words have so much meaning to me now, and they help me to have faith. I will praise him in this storm, and every other that comes in this life.

Good night and God Bless! I pray he blesses you with the love he has me. Love that I don't deserve, but gladly accept. More to come...........