Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day Two continued....

This is a much better end to the day than yesterday! My beautiful wife is sleeping comfortably thanks to the steroids and pain meds the doctor gave her today. She has radiation every day for the next two weeks, then she starts her Chemo. They were going to try and treat her cancer with a biological agent, but it won't work with the type of cancer she has according to the biopsy, That's a drag, but the chemo should work great. She's in for the fight of her life. This is only the beginning, and my heart hurts every time I look at her or touch her. I love her so very much and it's my job to protect her from harm, but I can't fight this. Powerlessness is a very scary feeling. I have to trust in God, the doctors, and the medicine, and be by her side every step of the way. I'm where I belong. I'm where God wants me to be, and I'm where I want to be. She is my life, my love, and my future. Becka is my first love. I need her to be okay, and she will be. God is in control, and he is a loving God. I need to remember that no matter how much I love Becka, he loves her more. More to come......