Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day Six coming to an end

Becka is laying down and I'm right behind her. Tonight turned in to an emotional night. We watched a movie together, (The latest Pirates of the Caribbean), and had some ice cream, then we talked for a while, cried for a while, prayed together, then cried again. She's so strong yet so fragile at the same time. She can feel the tumor in her lung, so she's having to sleep propped up. PLEASE God take this away. I would do absolutely anything to trade places with her. I deserve this and she doesn't. I've abused the body God gave me for forty years. She's never so much as inhaled a cigarette. If I had cancer it would make perfect sense. This whole thing makes NO sense to me, and I don't want to hear about God's will. He didn't give her cancer. It's the fallen world of sin that causes all of the problems we have.

 I had a great talk with Andrew tonight while he and I were putting up Christmas lights. I told him that his Mother is going to get better and we are gonna have a party, and one day we would all be together in Heaven partying down with ALL of our friends and family, singing Happy Birthday to our Savior. I'm looking forward to seeing my grandparents again. Of course he wanted to know what kind of food is going to be there, lol. That kid will eat you out of HOUSE AND HOME! I have no idea where it goes.

I'm going to snuggle with my wife. I'll write some more tomorrow and the next day, and the next. I hope no one minds. It's helping me and I want to chronicle her path to recovery. This experience has been an incredible showcase of her character. She's still the best Mom and Wife in the world, she's just sick, but that's going to change real soon! Love y'all and Peace! More to come.......