Friday, December 23, 2011

Day Nineteen

Friday finally. Praying for a better night than last night. Becka was in a lot of pain from her surgery. They told her to take tylenol, lol. Thank the Lord that they also gave her something with a little "kick". Last night I tried to prop her up in bed with some pillows, and we finally found a comfortable position, so she went to sleep. She's been hurting all day and tonight. She says it feels like a broken collar bone. I know it will stop. How soon no one can say. She has a hole in her chest with a foreign object there. I'll be so glad when she feels good again. I know that when someone is sick for a long time, they get depressed. She's still in good spirits though, mostly because of all of you and your well wishes and actions. Thank you so much!

I worked all day, came home and cooked supper, then ran Autumn to the Verizon store so she could transfer her phone. Becka gave her the droid. She's pretty happy. I recruited her to wrap presents. Afterwards I went to Lowes and Walmart to do some last minute Christmas Shopping. I got Becka a ________.......(I know she reads this). Love you Honey! We decided to buy something for both of us this year to save money, so I picked up a nice floor lamp for our bedroom. It has three shelves and it's bronze. She likes it! I text her several pictures from Lowes so she could pick the one she wanted. She feels too bad to go out right now. I pray she's better for Christmas. If not, people will just have to come here! (Maybe they will stay and help clean), lol.

God Bless all and Merry Christmas! This experience has changed me forever. I know the true meaning of love like never before. Words like "devotion" and "responsibility" have taken on new meanings as well. God is changing my heart. He picked this time in my life for me to be sober, clean, and right headed, then he put me where I am. Where I belong, no doubt. I love my wife, like no other man could. She will get better!