Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 288

It's Tuesday night and I'm feeling much better. For the past two weeks I have felt awful. I went to the doctor who put me on an antibiotic, but it did no good, so today I went to another doctor. They did a chest xray and an xray of my sinus cavity. I have a bad sinus infection and a small amount of pneumonia in my right lung. Otherwise I'm okay. The doctor today put me on another antibiotic called Biaxin, he gave me a steroidal nasal spray, an inhaler for my chest, and he put me on steroids for two weeks. I already feel a thousand times better. I really didn't know how bad I was feeling until today. I've been so caught up in everything else that I had tunnel vision, and I forgot how it felt to feel good, if that makes sense. I'm really glad I went.

Becka had a good day. She slept the better part of the day. She took all of her meds, and her head was hurting this afternoon, so I gave her a pain pill early. She usually doesn't take them until bedtime because that's when everything hurts. She's up watching "Face Off" right now, but I'm fixing to give her a shower and go to bed. We had a great visit from some very good friends today. That made her happy. It always does and it was good to see everyone. They are all people who we take taekwondo with. Our friend Sara prayed with Beck before she left. It's always good to include God.

We ordered a pizza early because I was starving. Beck had some hot wings. I can't see us being up much longer. I'm going to rest my body as much as I can. I have to go to work tomorrow for a while. I hate it but my boss called and said if there is any way I can work for a couple of hours, it would be great. I'm going to try my best!

Today has been a good day. One of my stores brought us a cake, a basket of goodies, and a card by that was signed by all of my friends at work. It really meant a lot and I'm going by to thank them in person. Gestures like that tell me that people care, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I was blessed with another day beside the love of my life. I'm grateful for every second we have together. I love it when she kisses me and tells me she loves me, which she did tonight. There aren't words to describe how it feels in my heart to know that this woman, who chose me to spend her life with and who I think is the greatest in the world, still loves me despite all of my short comings. She has God in her heart, and she's going to live forever. Of that, I have no doubt. I couldn't make it through the day if I thought otherwise.

Sweet Dreams and God Bless.