Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day 272

Sunday night and today has been a great day. Becka's Mom and Dad took us out to breakfast this morning, then we came back here and relaxed. Beck took a nap while I did a few things around here, and our friends Todd and Laurie showed up around lunch. It was so good to see them both. There are people in this world that I love with all of my heart and soul, and they fall in that category. They drove a long way to see Beck, and now they are driving back home, so please pray for their safe travel. It was hard letting go of them when they left. I wish they lived closer, but then they would get sick of me.

I have to work in the morning, but I'm taking off this week sometime and I'm staying home with Beck so that her Parents can go to Florida for a while, and I can be here with her. I need to be. I never leave the house without worrying all day. I need to be by her side when she reaches for me. I got emotional today talking to Todd and he gave me a big man hug. He was teary eyed as well. Todd's heart is the size of our house, and his work ethic is way up there. I really do love people who work hard, no matter what they do. I once saw a man mowing a lawn with no arms. He was a double amputee, and he was pushing the mower with his chest. God Bless the hard workers, and the ones who want to work. I have no tolerance for those who either don't want to work, or live off the sweat of others. The one thing I inherited from my Father that I'm proud of is his work ethic. He always took care of his family. Call me old fashioned, but as men, it's our job to leave the cave every day, kill something, and drag it home for supper, (figuratively speaking).  

It made Beck very happy to see them today. Her feet are down to normal size! We've been elevating them and I painted her toenails purple. She had a shower this morning and I need some more of the body scrub she likes. My Baby looked fabulous today! She's getting tired so I'm going to tuck her in bed in a few minutes. 

Today was a blessed day and I'm grateful for it. Friends and family make everything better. We have so many special, wonderful people around us, and we love you guys and gals. I pray for another day like this one, as long as it's with the love of my life. This is what life is all about, and I give God all of the Glory. I'm grateful for his mercy.

Headed to bed! Sweet Dreams and God Bless!