Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 285

Saturday night and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee. I didn't know how tired I was until I almost fell over face first while we had company. This has actually been a good day. I was worried this morning though. I got up around six thirty, made the coffee, and started checking email. By eight O'clock, Beck was still asleep. I was in and out of the bedroom and she never opened her eyes, so finally at eight thirty I went in and woke her. She was fine, just tired. I got her up and dressed and we went to IHOP for some breakfast. We had a good time, and when I got her back to the house, she went directly back to bed for a couple of hours. I ran to Bojangles and got her some chicken, and she got back up around twelve. I helped her to her chair, and she ate some chicken and a biscuit. She stayed up until around two, then laid back down. At Three thirty, Mike and Andrea came over and brought the new baby, so I went in and got Beck up and dressed. That is one beautiful kid! I knew that the baby would make Becka happy. They have a special pillow that holds the baby on your lap, so Beck got to hold him for a long time. He was all smiles when he was looking at her. They stayed until around six thirty, then they left and I ran and got us some supper. I brought home a strombolli and some fried mushrooms for Beck. As soon as she finished eating she was ready for bed, I gave her the nightly medicines and tucked her in.

We received several blessings today. First of all, I got some fantastically wonderful news this morning. Becka's parents are coming back tomorrow. They are leaving in the morning and have a long drive to get here, so please pray for their safety! I can't tell you what a blessing it is to know that they will be here. Plus, I'm glad for them, because they need to be here for themselves. This is their daughter, and anyone who has children can relate to how they must be feeling. Them coming back is a win win situation all around. Secondly, we were blessed by another family member-Catherine. She has been hosting a Scentsy fundraiser for Beck, and today she sent us a big box of Scentsy merchandise and a check. I can't tell you how much we need it with me not working. We also received checks from other friends. James, if you are reading this, thank you my friend. I know that all of you have sacrificed so that we can be together right now. One day, I will make it up to you.

Beck has done well today. Her feet have gone down and her legs look better! I think that the fluid pills are working! We will take what we can get and anything good gives me pause to look up at God, and look out at you, and say Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

I really am exhausted, so I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams and God Bless!