Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day Ninety One

I can't believe it's Sunday night already. It's been a quick weekend that's for sure. Emotional as well. Becka has been having trouble with her vision and with dizziness. She's scared that is has something to do with the cancer in her brain. We are praying that it's because she's been in the house and inactive for a while now, but we did get out and to the store and my mother's house today. She's also been coughing up something over and over, like she's full of congestion. I hope she's coughing up dead cancer where the chemotherapy is working. We will find out soon, but until then fear is camping out. We have had a pretty good weekend though. There is just so much uncertainty. We want so bad to know if the chemo is working as well as it should so they can continue what they are doing or start a new course of action with other drugs. We have faith in her doctors, because we believe that they were placed before her by God. He is in charge no matter what.

I built Andrew a rack for his swords today and he painted it, then we hung it on his wall. He's great with tools, and it's something else he and I have in common. I taught him how to countersink screws and use the sander. He's very good with his hands, and he has an impressive sword collection. He bought the Marine sword yesterday, and it's my favorite that he has. I was glad that we got Becka out of the house today. She needs to exercise, but she gets winded easily. She walked upstairs to see his new sword rack and the stairs took everything out of her. She's had a headache for days as well, and she still have blisters behind her ears from the radiation. My mother told her that she looked beautiful today, because she does. Her face has always been her best feature, especially her eyes. She ate today! I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast and she ate both, then she snacked and finally had some vegetable soup for supper. Her strength is coming back, but by the time it gets here, it will be time for chemo again.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm holding my gorgeous wife close tonight as always. We are going to watch her favorite show then go to bed. Good night and God Bless! Same time tomorrow!