Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 106

Monday night and I have nothing but praise reports! Becka is doing fantastic so far. She's a little nauseous at times, but she's eating and keeping her food down, and she's getting out of the house to enjoy this incredible weather we are having. She and I came out on the back porch tonight and were soon joined by the kids. It's amazing how I used to take things like that for granted. Not anymore, I'm cherishing every single minute with my love! It's times like tonight when we don't think about cancer or sickness for a while, and we sat here and watched the dogs playing. Dogs are very therapeutic, and I'm glad we have four. Our miniature dobie adores Becka. He lays beside of her on the couch and waits for her to get up in the morning so he can lay on her side of the bed where it's warm. I've found unconditional love in two places in this world, from God, and from a dog, and it's coincidental that if you spell one backwards you get the other one. Our dogs are a huge part of our family. They are our furry kids, so if you don't like dog hair, don't sit on the couch. We have a neighbor that chains their wiener dog to the tree in the front yard and leaves him there during storms. Why have a dog in the first place? We hear him crying when it's thundering and lightening outside. I'm going to sneak over and kidnap him one day, (don't tell anyone).

I'm so glad that Becka is keeping her food down. We had roasted chicken for supper and mashed potatoes and she ate good, plus she had been eating a lot of salad. She also loves soup, but mainly for the broth. It means so much to me for her to get her energy back so that we can go away for a weekend. She goes in the morning for blood work. Last time it was fantastic and the doctor was thrilled! Let's all hope that it's even better this time. If she keeps up this pace, she will be well by summertime, or at the very least on the road to recovery. She's not taking any pain or sleep meds. The only thing she takes is an anti nausea pill every once in a while. The ginger gum I bought her works well too, (thanks Mom)! I can't say in words how much it means for Ruth to be here. God sends who he wants in certain situations, and she's a blessing in so many ways. So was Debbie, and Becka said she might be coming back. All of Becka's siblings have reached out and carried us when we needed it. I have siblings too. That's all I'll say about that.

My heart is hurting a little for another reason. I talked to my father today and he is moving to the coast in a couple of weeks. It's something he's always wanted to do, but his health has been bad in the past couple of years and he doesn't have any family down there. I know he will get lonely, but he's a grown man. I don't understand it because all of his grand kids are here. I think he's running from this life to another one. Please keep him in your prayers. I don't have a good feeling about this at all. It's been just in the past ten years that he and I have had a relationship. Before that there were truck loads of resentment and baggage, but we put that aside and made peace with each other. I have a feeling he's doing this for another reason. He just had a bunch of tests done at the doctor, and he's being very vague about how they came out. I pray that he's not going there to die. It's really a mystery to me, but his mind seems to be made up. He's been fixing up his boat which is very nice. It's a cabin cruiser designed for the ocean, and it's big enough where he could charter it out fishing. I just hope that he is doing this with peace in his heart and not turmoil. Every time I talk to him about Becka he gets choked up. He knows, as does everyone else, that I don't deserve a woman like her, and she's the best thing that ever happened to me. My father has been alone for so long. Maybe he wants what I have and doesn't think he can get it here. I'm talking to him every day, and I'm trying to tell him that God will fill that hole in his heart and nothing else will. I pray he listens and gives it to the Lord. Please just pray for his safety.

I'm going to bed. Good night and God Bless always! Love you guys and gals.........really!