Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day Ninety Four

It's Wednesday night and things are about the same. Becka is on her second day of antibiotics for her sinus infection. I showed her how to cough while blowing air out gently and it's helping her head. We are trying to stay up and watch something on TV, but I don't know if we will make it. It's been a very long day. I worked with my boss and another of my team mates at one of my stores, then I grocery shopped, stopped by Taco Bell for supper, came home and ate a very soggy taco, cleaned up the kitchen, swept and mopped the kitchen and dining room, and now I'm baking cookies and working on my second load of laundry. I'm tired, but it's been a very productive day. 

Andrew came downstairs tonight holding a blanket and asked me what kind of bug was on it because it bit him. It turned out to be a deer tick, and it bit a huge hole in his side. I dressed it and marked it on the calendar. We aren't saying too much more about it, but trust me, we know. He will be fine. He's allergic to everything and he's not having any other symptoms. I'm going to change the bandaide myself every day just to make sure. If Rocky Mountain or Lyme should show up, it will be evident, but there is a very small chance of that. I've always been an outdoors guy and I've been bitten by ticks all of my life. Any kid that plays outside will eventually have a tick on them. One day God will tell us why the little vampires were necessary. 

I'm sitting on the porch writing this, looking through the glass at my gorgeous wife. She's nodding off. I hope she makes it to ten so that she can see "Face Off". I think it's the finale' tonight. I'm in favor of anything that makes her happy these days. We have monitored her temperature all day and it's been normal, and she's been eating. I got her some more Boosts. She likes them and they keep her energy up. She ate part of a crunchwrap supreme from Taco Bell tonight, and so far so good. I'm having trouble writing this because my elbow is killing me these days. I hate getting old. I'm probably going to have to get cortisone in it, and definitely slow down using it. I'll have to punch with my left a lot more right now until it heals, but I found out when I turned forty that things don't really heal anymore, they just get better or worse.

Tonight my verse to ponder is 2Corinthians verse 5 :For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. Everything good in life comes from God. Today my boss's boss bought us lunch, (try to say that five times fast). We went to a seafood restaurant that Becka and I love, and she was all I could think about. I remember taking her there when she could enjoy her food, and how we brought food home to the kids. I long for those days back when we could jump in the car and go have fun. I know that God is going to give us more days like that. It's all I dream about, taking her somewhere and showing her off, watching her smile, introducing her to people she has never met, experiencing new things together. Life is way too short, I know that now. I've said that all of my life as a cliche'. Now I sit here and say that if we have fifty years left together here, it's not enough for me. She touched me tonight when I sat beside of her on the couch, and all of the love in my soul came to the top. I absolutely adore her, and I refuse to let anything separate me from her. I am right where I belong, and that's why I say that everything good comes from God. He knows what he is doing, and that's why right now, at this very time in human history, I am here. I pray with all of my heart that all of you love someone as much as I love Beck.

God Bless you and sweet dreams. The best days of our lives haven't gotten here yet, and no matter what trials or tribulations are put in our path, we must move forward and not look back. 

Good night!