Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 103

Friday night and it looks like the Chemo caught up finally. Becka is sick, but we are attacking it proactively. Right now she feels lousy and is wiped out, but no nausea yet, I think because she is taking her medicine. She also took a nexium and a pain pill and laid down a while ago. She's back up but I don't know for how long. I'm glad it's the weekend, and I'm glad that I work for a company that doesn't require me to work after hours. If one of my stores has an emergency, I have the option to go fix it myself, or turn it over to one of our subcontractors. It all depends on how Beck feels. If she's okay then I will go because it's overtime and we need it, but if she's sick then I stay here. Ruth is here and takes great care of her when I'm not, but she wants me to be here when she's nauseous. I need to hang on to her in case she loses consciousness. So far it's not that bad. She just feels like she's been drug behind a truck, but if she can keep down her food and not dehydrate, it's all good. I'm going to try and talk her in to taking more medicine to feel better, but she doesn't like to load up on it.

We are watching the Duke game. I absolutely LOVE college basketball, and Duke University in particular. I remember watching games with my Grandfather. He was an incredible man, loving and generous to a fault, dedicated to his family and his church. I miss him all of the time. I don't think that I will spend a day on the earth without missing my Grandfather. He is the reason that I will die a Washington Redskin fan, or for as long as they have a team. It was only after he died that I used his influence to mold my character. I'm a different man today than I was ten years ago, and he is a part of that. Becka is a huge part of who I am today. Her love changed my heart and my attitude towards women.

She's gone back to bed for good and I'm heading there soon. Please pray that she doesn't get any sicker. God Bless and same time tomorrow!