Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 108

It's Wednesday and I'm posting a little early for a couple of reasons. Last night after I wrote how good Becka was feeling and how grateful we were, we went to bed. I was standing on the other side of the bed and I heard her say, "Baby". I could tell by her voice that something was wrong, and by the time I grabbed the trash can, she had her head stuck in it throwing up absolutely everything in her body. She didn't pass out this time, but I held on tight just in case. I had just given her a sleeping pill to take. Today she's a little better. She hasn't thrown up but she's not feeling good at all, and she has already gone to bed.

I stayed up last night and listened to her sleeping. I finally went to sleep at about one oclock, then woke at four, got something to drink, and went back to bed until five. Today I think it finally caught up with me. I woke up with a piercing head ache and I couldn't move my arm, so I took some tylenol and muscled through it. I felt lousy at work and by four oclock, I was so sick I didn't know if I was going to make it home. I did though, came in the house, took off my uniform and went straight to bed. I slept until about seven, then got up and ate some soup that Ruth made for supper. I took some more tylenol and my back feels like I got hit by a truck, so I'm going back to bed shortly. I don't think I'll have any problem sleeping tonight.

Please keep Beck in your prayers. She's pretty sick now. I guess the chemo took it's sweet time this go round. As for me, I'll be fine. I just need some sleep, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I have a doctor's appointment Friday, so it will be fine.

God Bless and good night!