Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 107

Tuesday night and more good news! It's been a great couple of days so far. Becka went to the doctor today and they were very happy with her blood work. She's still eating and keeping her food down, and she's even enjoying it! Ruth cooked chicken and rice for supper with green beans. The more she eats, the stronger she gets and I'm thrilled! God is truly good!

I just got back from Taekwondo with Andrew. I'm having some health issues, but I have an appointment with my family doctor Friday. He's been my doctor for twenty years, so he knows a little about me. With everything that has been happening, I've let some things go and I need to get them checked now. I'm having somewhat of a physical, (ugh). You "guys" know what I mean, although it could be worse. I could be a woman and they would smash my breasts between two pieces of cold steel with a machine from the spanish inquisition. With all of our wonderful advances in medicine, can they not think of a better way to do that? It's barbaric! Women go through much more than we do. I guess it's because they are tougher. Can you imagine if we were able to get pregnant? Sorry fellows, we wouldn't make it. I'm hoping he will shoot some cortisone in my elbow, but I'm hoping even more that he will at least take an xray. I just want to make sure I haven't pulled anything loose in it. I can barely move my right arm when I first wake up, and I haven't been using it much. When we are at Taekwondo, I've been punching with my left exclusively. I've found that after I hit forty, things just don't heal like they used to.

I couldn't be happier given the current circumstances. Becka is doing great! Her attitude is very positive and she's working hard to get well. The doctors are on track and I know that the medicine is working. She's going to be in remission, and life will be back to normal, whatever that is! Thanks for your prayers and well wishes. God Bless and sweet dreams! I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted.

Peace!