Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 116

It's Friday, thank the Lord. I just got home from taking the kids to Burlington for the weekend. I think I'm running on fumes. I worked all day, then came home and mowed the front yard, and we took off. I forgot to eat today, so I just polished off a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, AKA the best cereal known to man. Becka is doing good and has been all day. I picked up the two bottles of "stuff " she has to drink for her CAT scan Monday. I hope it tastes good and she can keep it down. I'm going to get a beer bong for her to drink it. For those of you who aren't alcoholics and don't know what a beer bong is, it's a funnel with a hose on it. Back in the day, we would pour beer in the funnel, then put the hose in our mouths and drink an entire beer in one gulp. I'm surprised that more of us didn't die of alcohol overdoses. I'm just kidding about getting Becka one, but she has to drink them for her scan. I pray that she can get them down.

I haven't been in a good frame of mind today, and I need to come back to earth. I had some tests done at the doctor the other day, and the results came back today. I have to go back to the doctor next week. That's all I want to say about it for now. I doubt it's anything serious. I have to take an antibiotic for a week. I'm going to have to program my phone to tell me because I have to take it three times a day. Please pray that it turns out okay.

I'm going to take this weekend and catch up on some things. Rest will be one of them, and I need to read the bible every day, which I haven't been. I'm going to read all the way through the New Testament, then go back to the Old. How can I determine God's will for me every day if I don't study his word, and I've been letting the enemy too close to me. I enjoy my anger. It gives me a false sense of control, but it tears me down after a while. I need to let all of it go, and in my experience, only God can help me with that, but once he has removed the anger and bitterness, I need to let God fill me back up. My misery is usually determined by how long I want to stay in my own head and let outside things control me. I need to let go and let God, because I know that I'm a whole lot happier when I'm not running the show, or trying to anyway.

Ruth is leaving tomorrow and it will only be Becka and me here for a few days. I'm going to get her outside and work in the flower bed if she feels up to it. If not, she can watch me pull weeds. We have Iris's and roses that need tending to. We are going to watch "The Blind Side" in the morning with Ruth. She has never seen it. I really want to see Kirk Cameron's new movie, but it was only out for one night in theaters. I'm sure it will come back around.

Thanks for letting me let go everyone. This has still been a great day. I still have a beautiful wife that loves me and likes me most of the time. My dogs still think I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I'm sure that whatever is wrong with me, the doctors will fix it like they are fixing Beck. God Bless you all and have a great night. Same time tomorrow, or maybe sooner!