Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 110

It's Friday night and things are fantastic so far! Becka is feeling much better and we are watching basketball and a show called shark tank. It doesn't have any sharks per say, but it does have Mark Cuban and four other Gazillionaires. Today was a good day all around. Beck doesn't have any energy, and she still isn't eating hardly anything, but she feels better and isn't sick. I pray every day on my knees specifically that she will feel good that day. She has felt so bad for so long.

My day was God filled. He wanted me to know he was with me all day. I worked until about one thirty, then took off and came home, took a shower and changed clothes, then went to my doctor appointment. He told me that I do in fact have a corn on my foot. It's been hurting for months and I've used over the counter medicines on it, but he told me to get some moleskin to put on it and it will heal. I told him about my elbow and he said that it is severely sprained and could take months to heal. Then I told him about the major problem I'm having, and without getting too graffic, he said it sounded like my prostate since I have a history of prostate cancer in my family, but after he checked it, he said it was normal. Thank you Lord! Everything else checked out okay, and he took a bunch of blood to send off and check other stuff. I guess I'll live another day!

Here comes the God moment in it all though.

Today was the first time I've been to that office. My doctor changed practices last year. I walked up to the counter to check in and gave the lady behind the desk my insurance cards and paperwork that they had mailed to me. She looked at my arm and saw my "Rebekah" tattoo, then she looked at my paperwork and saw where I had put down that Becka has cancer. She looked at me and asked, "Is your wife's name Becka"? I said yes, and that is when she told me that she has been praying for Beck for a month. She found out through her church and Becka has been on a prayer list there. I couldn't believe it at first, then I realized that God was doing it all. It was like he was saying, "It's going to be okay", and I believe that it is! I gave her the address of this blog, so Hey Lisa if you are reading this! God put us together in that office today for a reason. I don't know what it is yet, but I want Lisa and her husband to meet Becka. That much is certain!

I'm so beat. I think I will go take a nap before game two comes on. Good night and God Bless. Please keep the prayers coming! They are definitely appreciated and working!