Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 105

Sunday evening and it's peaceful. Becka just laid down, probably for the night. We are grateful because she has had a good day! She ate several times today including this evening when we cooked out. Ruth bought some steaks and I cooked them on the grill. They were pretty darn good if I do say so, although she bought some pretty meat! We baked potatoes and it was very good, but as soon as Becka ate she started getting nauseous. I took off to CVS Pharmacy to try and get her nausea medicine refilled, but they were closed, so I bought her some Ginger Gum. Several people have told me about it. It's designed for nausea due to chemotherapy. Becka has always hated gum, but she put a piece in her mouth and it calmed her stomach, then she went to bed. Please God let her sleep soundly tonight! She is making it through this round of chemo fantastic so far. Of course it drains her, but she's been eating and keeping it down. It's amazing when you count a day as a "Good" one by the fact that your wife hasn't gotten sick and passed out. I just hope we can raise our standards soon.

I worked outside today because it was awesome. I serviced my lawnmower then mowed and trimmed the front and back, then Autumn and I went to Walmart. Ruth worked on the house all day, cleaning and doing laundry. It's a team effort. I'm going to make the kids feel like a bigger part of the team by giving them more chores to do. (I don't want them to feel left out, lol).

I talked to a good friend today who had a death in the family. Her name is Cheryl. Please keep her family in your prayers. I'm sure that if you pray for Randy's friend Cheryl, God will know who you are talking about. Apparently, her Grandfather-in-law had been sick for some time, but he was only in his sixties. That's way too young I think, although I'll be grateful if I make it that far. Please pray for Ruth as well. She has a lot on her mind, and she's here taking care of Becka, (and doing a great job of it). I know I've said before how special Becka's family is, but it warrants repeating. They really have come through and then some, and so has mine, with one exception. I've been harboring a resentment and I need to let it go. I have a very close family member that hasn't even called, not once, and I don't understand it. Of course, in my mind, it's selfishness, but it's probably fear, and they feel now like it's too late, but if you are reading this, it isn't. It's never too late. I love you and Becka loves you, and I'm sure you have your reasons. Just don't expect me to be okay with them. People will surprise you in situations like this. They will blow your mind, and break your heart, and in some cases, make you very mad. It's when people get outside of their comfort zones and reach out that you get to see who they really are. I know who I have been. For decades I was a waste of air. Now I'm wanted, needed, and loved. There is no feeling, no drug, like the rush I get from looking at my gorgeous wife. I'm in no way perfect, and I fall way short of the Grace of God, but to her, I'm more than enough, and that's all that matters. I sometimes wonder where she would be if God hadn't brought us together. I know where I would be, because she saved my life. Now it's my turn to try and return the favor. The people in this house are my life, and I want for no other in this world.

I'm going to watch some tube and go to bed. My Duke Blue Devils choked worse than if they had eaten chicken bones for supper, and they are out of the tournament. (I'm really catching it from my UNC fan friends). Now my brackets are all destroyed, so I guess for the next couple of weeks, I'm a NC State and Florida State fan. I know that UNC is still in it, but I would pull for the Taliban against them. Sorry guys and gals!

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes! God Bless and have a good night. See you tomorrow I hope!