Monday, March 12, 2012

Day Ninety Nine

It's Monday night and I can't complain at all about today. I feel fantastic tonight. I just got back from an incredible work out at Taekwondo, and it was fun on top of it. I got my last tip so I'll be testing this month for my red stripe belt. I really do want Andrew and me to finish what we started and get our black belts. There is no doubt he will because he is incredible at it. His kicks and punches are spot on, and he knows his form after doing it just once. I guess it's easier for a kid to excel at something when their hearts are in it, and his has been from the start. I can see him competing in the Olympics one day, and owning his own taekwondo academy. I'm eternally grateful for the family members that are helping us financially with it. They said they wanted Andrew and me to continue and not disrupt his life any more than it already is. Thank you. (You know who you are). They asked to be anonymous.

Becka has felt really good today! She has been eating and no nausea or pain, and she got out and walked in the neighborhood. God is good! The medicine apparently worked! Have I ever mentioned that I really love her doctor? The light is back in her eyes and I think that a big part of that is because Ruth is here. She loves her sisters and brother, that much is certain, and they love her. Ruth and Debbie have both put their lives on hold and come here to take care of Becka. This is Ruth's second time being away from her husband and children. I'm going to make sure she knows that it's appreciated, but that's not why she's doing it. It's just the kind of people that She and Debbie are, and Becka's brother has helped us as well. It all comes from their upbringing, and if you ever meet their parents you'll understand where it comes from. Becka's father is the most dedicated man I have ever met. He has devoted his life to helping others and spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ, and her mother is as close to an angel on earth you can get. She doesn't mince words, and her level of dedication is to be admired by all. Becka and I have both been blessed by wonderful Mothers. My mother and stepfather have been like angels on our shoulders. They have helped us in ways I will never be able to pay back. I've learned a lot about how to treat Becka from watching how my Stepfather treats my mother. He holds her up above all others and lets her know every second how special she is to him. He really is a great man, strong but gentle. (He was a drill sergeant in the Army). I can't express in words how grateful I am to our friends and families. God Bless you all.

Ruth fixed a fantastic supper tonight. It's a chicken dish in the crock pot and it has corn and black beans, and it's just a little spicy. She's been doing laundry and cleaning since she got here. I may be a little spoiled for a couple of weeks. Becka has chemotherapy in the morning. Eight hours worth. It's a shame that just when she starts feeling better, it's time for more poison to go in her body. I know that it's saving her life. I just pray for a day when the cure for cancer isn't similar to the Spanish Inquisition. PLEASE give to cancer research if you can. They need every dime they can get. There are many fantastic organizations like the Leukemia / Lymphoma society. They develop drugs for those two types of cancer, but the drugs they have invented are now being used to cure many other types of cancer. When I get ahead financially, I am going to help them as much as I can, and you can't go wrong giving to the American Cancer Society. Fantastic organization.

I'm going to eat a snack, rub my gorgeous wife's feet, and go to bed. Five oclock comes early now since we HAVE to turn up the clocks an hour. I say we turn them back and leave them!

God Bless and good night! Same time tomorrow!