Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 115

It's Wednesday and it's a FANTASTIC day! God is truly good! For all of you who read this blog, I know I've been morbid up until now, but it feels like a giant weight has been lifted off of my chest, and I can breath again! Becka had an MRI of her brain Monday, and today we went to hear the results. Up until now, we haven't known anything. This was her first scan since she started treatment. She, Ruth, and I all walked in and the nurse came in first, then just seconds later the doctor came in smiling. He had been crying! He said he wasn't going to keep us in suspense, and that her tumors had shrunk down to almost scar tissue, and there were no new ones! I almost came out of my chair. He said it was great news and he was very happy about the results! They told her to come back in three months for another MRI, and they wouldn't be surprised if the tumors were gone and she was in remission! This is the best news ever. God has heard all of you praying and has given us grace and mercy beyond compare. Everything she has been through has been completely worth it. We are going to start planning our beach trip!

 All of the people, the doctors, the nurses, and the staff who work for her Oncologist and Radiologist are special people. They are saving Beck's life and we will owe them  for the rest of our lives. I've never seen mercy and uncondiitional love from anywhere else in this world like I see at the Cancer Center. I know they are doing their jobs, but they go way above and beyond the call of duty. For every miracle like Becka that they get to rejoice over, there is another patient that they have to tell a different story to, like the treatment didn't work. God Bless those people. I pray that one day I can repay them in some way. I'll spend the rest of my life with my gorgeous wife trying! She looks so unbelievably beautiful and fantastic! Her color is great and her eyes are sparkling. The doctor ran all kinds of tests to her reflexes and acuity, and she passed each one with flying colors. I married a very special, strong, courageous woman. I hope she knows how incredible she is! I'm going to keep telling her until I can't take a breath!

We are celebrating tonight with hot dogs! I know that doesn't sound like much of a celebration, but it's something she likes! Andrew and I are testing tonight in Taekwondo. She is going to see him test! I can't wait for everyone there to see her. They will all be thrilled!

Thank you so very much and God Bless you all! Much love to each and every one of you! Many of you have carried us to this point, and we won't forget it. She still has a long way to go, but we are on the right train, and God himself is the conductor! We are in his hands, and he isn't disappointing!

Peace! More to come!