Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 116

It's Thursday night and things are much better around here, for me anyway! My heart is at peace since the news we got yesterday. I've never seen a doctor cry when he gave results, but Dr Steiber did. I'm sure it was heart warming to give good news, since he has to give bad news all of the time. Now we only have one more hurdle to clear. Becka has a Cat Scan Monday of her entire body, and we get the results of that Tuesday. If the Chemotherapy is working, she could be in full remission in a couple of months. That is what we are banking on. God delivered BIG TIME as far as the cancer in her brain. Now we are leaning on him to keep it up! She may not need anymore Chemo. It all depends on the results of the scan. I'm actually looking forward to it now.

Ruth is leaving us Saturday. I know she wants to be with her family, but we sure will miss her, and there aren't words to express how much her being here has meant. Becka's brother David is coming by next week for a couple of days. It will be good to see him again. I know he wants to see his sister! We need to plan another family reunion with both sides this time so that everyone can meet.

Andrew and I tested last night and got our red stripe belts. I'm going to keep it up, but it seems like something else hurts every week. I know I'm getting older, but I really let myself go. There was a time when I was in great shape, and I will be again. I want to live a long time, God willing. There are so many things I want to do with Becka and the kids. She came to testing last night and was the star of the show. All of the masters came up to her, as well as the instructors and students. Some of them were crying when they walked away. She is truly loved by everyone who knows her. I don't think she has an enemy in the world, except for our common enemy that has a short time to reign on this earth before Christ casts him in to the pit of fire. I don't know how Atheists have any happiness in their lives. I couldn't enjoy anything without hope. I have leaned on God more during this time than any other time in my life. I heard a pastor on the radio today say that he felt sorry for Atheists because they are constantly fighting against something they say doesn't exist. If God doesn't exist, why fight him?

Life is good and I pray that the doctor will tell us that her tumors are all but gone, and she doesn't need any more chemo. I know she wants to grow hair again! I'm just glad she has a beautiful head! Sinead O'connor, eat your heart out!

I made spaghetti for supper and Ruth cleaned the kitchen. Beck ate and said it was the best sauce I ever made. I'm glad her sense of taste is coming back and she can enjoy her food again. Couple more months and it will be normal, then it's Crab leg time!

It's bedtime in the south, so God Bless and thank you so much for all of the prayers! They are definitely working! Same time tomorrow!