Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 112

It's Sunday night and I'm baking cookies! My gorgeous wife is asleep on the couch beside of me. She has had a busy weekend. She and I went to get our taxes done today, then we came back here for a bit, and went to Kmart. She also ate quite a bit. After we left the tax office, she said she wanted a hot dog, so I stopped at four different places before I found a Quality Mart that was selling hot dogs! She ate all of it and it didn't hurt her stomach, then we cooked some pork roasts in the crock pot and made garlic potatoes for supper and she ate that as well! I'm so grateful to God for the way she feels, and she doesn't have chemo again for another week! She has her MRI to her brain in the morning, and we get the results back Wednesday, then her CT is next week. I know in my heart that the tumors are shrinking, and the scans will give us good news! I'm hoping anyway.

A fantastic thing happened to us at Kmart. When we were walking in, a lady was walking out with her kids and she motioned to us. We thought that she might be an old friend of mine from school, but we went on inside. We started walking through Kmart, and the same lady came up and stopped us. She said she was sorry to bother us, and she didn't know what Becka was going through, but she wanted Becka to know how beautiful she is. She spoke with a rich British accent, and she said she just felt the need to tell her that, and how radiant Becka is. Beck told her what she is dealing with, and she said she would pray for Beck, but it made Becka's day, and she told the lady that! God really does bring people in to our lives!

Tomorrow is a new day and new week. I'm going to bed because I have to get up early. I have a dentist appointment and I need to go in early so I can make up the time. May God Bless you as always! Please pray for good results, and I'll keep you posted!