Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day Twenty Eight

Sunday and it's been a lazy day. We cleaned the house all day in anticipation of Becka's sister coming for a stay! The day seemed to zip by. Becka didn't feel well today. I took her steri strips off and I think it hurt a little, but the tumor in her lung has been causing her discomfort and fear. She still sleeps on pillows to try and get comfortable at night. She hates to take anything, but I'm going to try and get her to take something tonight. She needs her sleep. I understand why the doctors wanted to wait on the Chemo and let her body recover from the radiation, but I'll be glad when it starts, so it can kill the cancer. I know that it's going to be rough, but I'm grateful for the medicine that will save her life and ease her pain.

I shaved my head again today. I'm not going to let it grow back until her's does. I'm glad that I look JUST LIKE Vin Diesel! (Okay I'm laughing too). I'm sure that the cold air would bother it if we ever got any cold weather. It was almost seventy degrees outside today........in January! Unbelievable. It was beautiful but I wish the kids would get at least one snow so that they could sled. It's becoming harder and harder to discredit global warming.

I drove to Charlotte tonight and picked up Becka's sister at the airport! She said that my driving was much scarier than the flight, lol. EVERYONE does ninety everywhere they go. I'm sure that the old lady who wouldn't move over got her car out of the ditch.....(just kidding). I'm so glad Ruth is here! Becka got emotional today thinking about her coming. She's going to be here for two weeks! God blesses us so much through his children. I can already tell she's happier by Ruth just being here! Anything that makes her happy and takes her mind off of the war she's battling is a good thing!

Back to work tomorrow and I'm picking up the kids tomorrow night. Good Night all and God Bless. I'll write some more later!