Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day Forty Nine

It's Sunday afternoon. Man the weekends go by quick! I'm sitting here watching NFL playoffs. Becka just went to lay down. She's not feeling well today. She's shakey and has vertigo, and she says everything tastes bad. I'm sure it's the Chemo, but Debbie and I will be checking on her. I'm fixing supper tonight. I'm cooking barbecued chicken on the grill and corn on the cob on the other grill. I hope she is able to eat. I made a huge bag of beef jerky hoping that it will taste good to her. This batch is hickory flavor with some added red pepper so it isn't too spicy. She seems to like spicy foods though. She LOVES the spicy flavored V8, and she's been drinking boost. Becka really has been taking very good care of herself and doing what she's supposed to be doing. She drinks a ton of water every day, eats leafy greens and protein. Between the doctors, the medicines, and her, there is no reason why she shouldn't recover. Now it's all up to God, so I'm going to keep praying.

 I was on the radio today. I had to go to work in Greensboro, and I called a show I listen to on Sundays called the "Jesus Christ" show. The pastor told me to read Romans 8:18 every day : "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." I can't tell you why I called in, except that the radio pastor said that if anyone needed prayers, to call. I'm not looking for answers, but I figured that if others heard about Becka, they will pray for her. I know that to be true. I've prayed for people on the spot when I didn't even know them. I pray every time I see a wreck that the people involved will be okay. I want as many people praying for Becka as possible. I wish I could rent a billboard, lol.

She told me tonight when she laid down that she missed our life. I said that I'm not missing anything. She's all I need or want, and this is no burden for me to take care of the woman I love. It's a blessing like no other. I dream of the day that she's well, but not for me so much as it is for her. I just want her to feel good again.

I'm going to take a break. I'll write some more in a bit.

We just finished supper. I cooked barbecue chicken on one grill and roasted corn on the cob on the other grill. It turned out really good! I soaked the corn for an hour then let the grill steam it. We also cooked rice and banana pudding for desert. Beck got up to eat thank the Lord. We are watching the NFC championship game between the Forty Niners and the Giants, only because she insists, lol. (Becka doesn't like football). I'm fixing to go watch it in the other room while I clean up and put clothes away. Debbie is cleaning the kitchen. I hope and pray that Becka feels better tomorrow. Please join me in praying for God to send the Spirit to her tonight.

She has her next chemo treatment next Tuesday. I'll be there with her and Debbie. I only have a couple more vacation days, so I'll have to work some Saturdays to make up for it. I am so blessed to work for a company that lets me do that. God knows exactly what he is doing.

I'm calling it a night and unplugging. I have a bunch to do before I go to bed. If you are reading this, thank you. Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes. This experience has changed our entire lives. Even after Becka goes in to remission, I will still live in fear that the cancer will come back one day. If not, then all will be well, but if it does, we will fight it with everything we have, just like we are doing now. I'm so glad that Becka is so strong. She IS going to make it. There is no "if".

Take care and God Bless!