Monday, January 9, 2012

Day Thirty Six

Dreary Monday and all is well! It's been a good day overall. I worked all day and I was so busy that the day flew by. I got home to find that Ruth had cooked a ham and mashed potatoes. I could SO get used to this on a permanent basis. We've been working on the house and it looks good, so I can finally relax it seems! I know she's here for her sister, but I can't say in words how much she is helping me and the kids as well. She took Becka to the doctor today so that they could  go over the possible side effects of Chemotherapy. The three of us are going in the morning to her first treatment. They said it will take five hours. I picked up her prescriptions tonight. One is to numb her chest where they put her porta-cath,  and the other is an anti-nausea medicine. People react differently to Chemo, so I hope she does well with it. Chemotherapy has come a long ways in the last twenty years and a lot of other drugs have been discovered to go along with it so that the side effects are lessened. Twenty years from now, doctors will probably look back and say, "Remember when we had to use Chemotherapy"? God Bless those that devote their lives to looking for cures.

I'm praying for a friend of mine tonight. His family is in a different kind of pain. They have helped us and he personally has been there for me every time I needed him to be. I'm praying that God will intervene and make things right. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. I'm SO READY TO KILL THIS CANCER. I want it OUT of my baby. It doesn't belong there, and we are serving it an eviction notice. Tomorrow is the next phase of her recovery, and I know in my heart that she will be in complete remission when we go to the beach! I am SO going to take her there when she gets well.

I'm taking off all day tomorrow so I'll update during the day. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. This is a scary time, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel! God Be with you all!