Friday, January 13, 2012

Day Forty

Friday night and we are watching a movie called "Cowboys versus Aliens". I like it so far but I don't think Becka and Ruth think much of it. It's kind of slow in parts. Anyway, today has been a rough one for Beck. She slept a lot and feels pretty rotten. Her body is hurting in places and the tumor in her lung feels like it's getting hard to her. We think that might be a good thing, like the Chemo is dissolving it. I pray that's the case. I called her doctor today and they told me that today would be the worst day, and she should start feeling better tomorrow. I'm SO ready for her to start feeling better, and so is she. I pray that the weather is mild for the next couple of weeks so we can get out of the house.

Actually the movie just took a turn and everyone is getting in to it. It's not for little ones....(the aliens are scary) I won't sleep for a week. I'm taking Ruth to the airport tomorrow. I know that Jeff and the kids are going to be SO happy to get her back. I hope that Becka does okay with it, even though I know it will be emotional. I'm so glad that Debbie will be here Sunday! I can't wait to get all of them together again in one place! That would mean a lot to Becka. We will have to make it happen.

Movie is over and now we are watching Becka's second favorite show,"Wipeout". Her first favorite show is "The Amazing Race", but the new season hasn't started yet. No matter what, Becka and I are going to walk around the neighborhood tomorrow. The doctor said it is important, but it still depends on how she feels. I think she will feel better if she's outside with her blood pumping, and she wants to anyway. Tomorrow will be a busy day. I'll be running all day, so I think I'll sleep all day Sunday. Seriously. I'm game for a twelve hour nap.

I need to say that I'm grateful today. I'm grateful to God for the life I have, for the love in my heart, for the opportunities he has placed before me to serve him, and most of all for redemption and the forgiveness of sin through Jesus Christ.  The knowledge that I will live forever and one day will commune with God gives me hope and the desire to do what he wants me to do, one day at a time. I love him, and I know he loves me.

God Bless all and I'll write more later. Thanks for reading this and keeping track of Becka's progress to being CANCER FREE! She will be, sooner than later, I can promise you that.