Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day Thirty Four

Saturday has been a FABULOUS day! I went to work for a bit this morning, then I came home and posted so much stuff on Craigslist that the kids thought they were next! We've got stuff sitting around that we will never ever use, and someone else will, so I'm a Craigslist Madman! I came back here and picked up Andrew, then he and I went out to my Father's and shot some guns. Andrew got to shoot a 22 caliber bolt action rifle, a 22 caliber semi automatic rifle, a 22 caliber automatic pistol, a 410 shot gun, and a 380 auto. He had a blast and the weather was absolutely beautiful! It's hard to believe that it's January. I'm not complaining but I would like to see some snow.

I found out when I got home that Becka had been hurting. Ruth took Autumn to the mall to exchange some shoes she got for Christmas, and the love of my life relaxed. I cooked burgers on the grill while Ruth cleaned and cleaned and ......cleaned. She's awesome! I just made some banana chocolate milk shakes, and now it's football time! Playoffs are on! I hope Detroit does well. They've been so bad for so long. They deserve a break!

Not much to report tonight, except for the fact that we are your ordinary American family, but we are living life TRULY one day at a time now. Becka walked up to me in the kitchen earlier, put her arms around me, and told me she loves me. There are no words to describe how that feels. We come closer together every day. I've heard it said that God works in mysterious ways. I tend to think he's pretty up front with us. We just need to open our ears to what he wants us to hear. We belong to him, and if we have any doubt what his will for us is, there is an "Owners Manual" we can refer to! Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them".

Tonight and every night I'm praying for some friends and family. One in particular is battling cancer of the tongue. He has been for a long time, but yet he still declares his faith through the pain. He tortured himself trying to drink some OJ yesterday, but he believes and I believe that God is healing him, and Becka as well. Bad things happen to good people. Both of them are examples of that.

I'm going to fold some clothes and watch football. Becka took something for pain, and we will probably hit the sack early. God Bless and I'll write some more tomorrow!