Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Thirty One

Whew! What a day! It was long but productive, even though I always feel like I didn't get enough done. I'm finally sitting down at ten o'clock at night to write this, and then I'm going to bed. Becka is taking a shower so I'm on the back porch freezing, lol. It actually feels good tonight. I was sweating so hard when I got home from Taekwondo. I wasn't going to go tonight but Master Jung (Young) was there, and I love taking class when he's running it. I feel like I got run over by a truck, but that's good! Keep the blood pumping to the places it needs to go! Taekwondo isn't the same anymore since Becka isn't taking with us, but I'm going to keep on keeping on with Andrew. He and I have vowed to get our black belts, and we are on track to do so....(If I don't tear something up first).

Becka seems to be feeling good tonight. I can't tell sometimes because she doesn't want me to know how bad she is feeling. You know of course that we as men complain about every little pain like it's a heart attack. I can stub my toe and I want to call 911, but she's battling cancer and never complains. I think it's because she thinks about us more than herself. I know my wife enough to know when she's hurting though. I'll be so glad when this is over, and we haven't really gotten started yet. PLEASE pray that the chemo isn't anywhere near as bad on her as the radiation has been. I know that many people go through this. More than I thought really, and many of you as well have had to endure these treatments. I just don't want her to suffer anymore, ever again. I know that as long as we are trapped in this human body, we are going to endure pain. I can't imagine how Atheists make it. I know that I wouldn't be able to handle anything without God. I've proven that time after time. It would seem that this would take a toll on our faith, but in some ways it has actually strengthened it. It's easy to go through life and forget to pray or talk to God when things are great. It's when we are suffering or afraid that we cry out for his mercy. I'll be talking to him every day for the rest of my life, sometimes with tears of joy, and other times with fear and despair.

Becka's sister Ruth took her out to lunch today! They went to Ruby Tuesdays, then Ruth came home and fixed a fabulous dinner. I asked her to stay a little longer than she planned.....like FOREVER! She's so wonderful. All of Becka's family is. Her other sister is coming to stay as well. I can't express in words how grateful I am and what it means to Becka. She really really really loves her sisters and brother!

I'm off to bed for now. God Bless to you all, his mercy and grace upon you always!