Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day Fifty Eight

It's Tuesday night and I just got home from Taekwondo. Becka is eating an orange and feeling pretty good. She had Chemotherapy today and it went well. Debbie and I went with her, then I left and came home with the kids while Debbie stayed. They gave her a bunch of meds so she's very tired. I really pray that the Chemo doesn't make her as sick as last time and her body adjusts to it. It was a good day overall. Debbie and I went to lunch and brought Becka back an authentic Greek Gyro. Her appetite has picked up over the last few days, but she's lot some weight. I just hope that we can keep finding things that taste good to her.

We had a "Mask Destroying" party today! Becka had a horrible plastic mask that they put over her face to hold her head in place during radiation. When she finished her treatments, they gave it to her. Today we recorded it while she hit it with my sledge hammer, then I cut it up with my chain saw, and we finished it off with lighter fluid. The mask was reminiscent of something from the Spanish Inquisition, so I'm glad it's gone, and I pray with all of my heart that she never has to wear one again.

I'm very proud of Autumn. She saved enough money to buy her own laptop computer! I took her today to the pawn shop and she picked out a nice Compaq. Then we went to Walmart and bought a case for it. I love teaching the kids about Capitalism!

I'm sorry this is so short but I'm exhausted. God Bless you and I'll write more tomorrow. I just need to take my mind off of this for tonight. Sweet dreams!