Monday, January 23, 2012

Day Fifty

Monday and I think if it rains anymore I may build an ark. I went to the doctor today and got rid of the pain in my leg. I get acupuncture and I can testify that it works! My sciatica has been killing me for a week, and I'm sitting here not feeling any pain right now. I recommend it to everyone who isn't afraid of having a dozen or so needles stuck in you at the same time! What's really cool is the fact that he hooks electrodes to them and contracts my muscles. It's a little much at first but when my muscles relax, the pain is gone!

When I got home from work, Becka was laying down, but Debbie said that she's had a good day. Debbie is cooking supper and I just gave the kids a lesson on how to use the fire extinguisher I brought home. I reminded them that if there ever is a fire, it's better to jump out a second story window and break both legs than to burn up, so we are going to practice this weekend. They kind of looked at me wild eyed, lol. They think I'm going to throw them out the window. I LOVE having kids. It's our RIGHT to mess with their minds sometimes.

It's starting to smell fantastic in here. Debbie is cooking Jambalaya. I guess I spelled that right because "spell check" didn't underline the word. She's making a cheesy Jambalaya with cream cheese. I don't even like Jambalaya and I can't wait until this is ready! (Life is good). I mean that....life is good! I could sit back and worry all day about Becka, finances, the kids, the future, but that wouldn't do me any good. I'm living one day at a time, the way a certain organization that saved my life taught me how to live. We have everything we need, because God is using people to provide, and I am so grateful. Those aren't just words. There will come a day when Becka and I will be needed, and we will be there, you can take that to the bank. I've never loved my wife as much as I love her today, and I'm sure I will love her more tomorrow, and as far as those who have reached out to us, every gesture, every prayer, everything you do means more than I can say in words. Thank you times a billion!

I'm going to take a break for now. I'll finish this tonight. Peace!

I just got back from taekwondo and the van died. I think it's either the battery or the alternator. I'll fix it tomorrow. Please pray it's something simple. Becka is up and watching TV with Debbie! That's awesome. She's been feeling pretty bad for the last couple of days. I know that she doesn't have an appetite and everything tastes bad, but she has to keep eating and getting protein. I think the Boost drinks are helping, and she eats a lot of citrus, oranges and grapefruits. The day is coming soon I hope when they won't have to pump poison in her body, because she's going to be cancer free.

I'm watching the Republican debate. I haven't talked about it much, but I'm hoping that Rick Santorum is our next president. I really like his values. I care very much about the direction this country is going, but for right now I'll keep my focus here. I'm praying that God will put who he wants in the White House, (but I hope it's Rick).

I'm going to bed. Good night and God Bless all of you! Please keep praying for healing. We have no idea how well the Chemo and the radiation are working. We put our faith in God and ask him to direct the doctors. Please work through them father, and restore her. Please.

Night!