Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day Thirty Two

Thursday night and we just had a brownie party! Ruth cooked another great dinner of roast, carrots, and potatoes, then we had fudge brownies and vanilla ice cream. I think I'm going to explode. Becka said that hers didn't taste right. Nothing has tasted good to her since the radiation except spicy food, so we bought some spicy Korean noodles / Kim chi. The doctor is weaning her off the steroids, so she has less energy than before. The kids are gone to bed and the dogs are wrestling on the floor. Life is good. People ask me how my wife is a thousand times a day. I always stop and tell whoever wants to hear. I'm grateful for the fact that they care enough to ask. No three words have caused more people to be late than "How are you"?  I was told a long time ago never to ask that unless I was willing to listen. I've become a much better listener than I used to be since I don't try to "one up" the person I'm talking to. It all comes down to this......am I listening to the person talking, or am I waiting to talk? Anyway, I'm grateful for everyone who asks me about Becka, no matter how many times I have to relive it.

I'm about to fall asleep sitting here, so I'm going to make this short tonight. Thank you for reading it. It helps me to leave some of my day on here, and you can take it with you. I'm going to go to bed in about five minutes, but I'll write some more tomorrow. Becka is asleep on the couch beside of Ruth. I'm going to take her to bed as well. I was going to paint her toenails tonight, but I'm so tired that I would probably paint her entire foot.

Good night and God Bless!