Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day Fifty Five

Saturday night and we are watching a movie. I rented "Dolphin Tale". It's based on a true story and supposed to be a good family movie. Becka is watching for now. She's been laying down for a bit. Her system is haywire right now. She's been drinking the protein shakes I got her from GNC, and taking the Iron supplements the doctor called in for her. I'm praying that they will help with the fatigue and nausea. The main problem is her sense of taste. Everything tastes bad, so that makes it hard to eat. She did get out of the house today with Debbie. They went grocery shopping. Any kind of exercise is a plus. The bad part is that she only has two more days until her next Chemotherapy treatment. She had about a week after her last one until she started feeling really bad. It's hard to describe how it feels to watch someone you love with all of your heart go from being full of life and energetic, to being sick all of the time. There is nothing I wouldn't do to make her feel better, if only for a little while.

It's just us tonight. Debbie went to Charlotte for the night. She text and made it okay thank the Lord! I'll be glad when she gets back. I think I will cook for her for a change!

I'm conflicted about tomorrow. I need to work, but I also need to spend time with Becka. God has taken care of us so far, and if I just do all that I can every day, he will continue to take care of us. This too shall pass, and we will look back at this and remember the good that came out of it. For one, it has brought us closer together as a family. We appreciate every minute together. Our marriage, as wonderful as it was, means even more than it did, and the word "commitment" has taken on a new meaning. We can appreciate even more what others are going through when they are recovering from cancer. It has definitely brought us closer to God as a family. We pray more often and rely on him for everything. As for me, it has humbled me. I have had to rely on other people, and it makes me a better man I think. A stubborn, ignorant man will never admit that he needs help, but I've learned that when other people help me, they receive blessings from God.

I'm going to watch this movie with Beck and go to bed. God Bless all of you! I will never stop saying, thank you!

More to come......