Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day Thirty Five

WOW! I just watched a fantastic football game. The Denver Broncos just beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was awesome! All of the people who have been mocking Tim Tebow's faith just ate crow! It's so good to see a guy win that isn't afraid to profess Jesus Christ as his savior! There are those like Bill Mahr who mock God on a daily basis. I pray hard for people like him. One day he will know the truth, but it will be too late. I can't imagine how anyone can be happy in this world without relying on God. I get all of my strength and inner peace from him. If I didn't know the Lord, I would have killed myself years ago, but I was in a lot of pain.

Today has been a busy day! Ruth and I have been working on the house all day. I cooked pancakes this morning for breakfast, then I ran some errands while she helped Andrew in his room. You can actually walk in there now! Afterwards I took Andrew to get some new shoes. His old ones had his toes sticking out the front. He and I picked up some terriyaki chicken bowls and brought them home for lunch. Becka was up and about for a little while today, but she's not feeling well at all. It seems that she gets weaker every day, and hurts on a regular basis. Her body has already been through so much, and she starts Chemo this week. We have to be there Tuesday for her first treatment. I'm taking Tuesday off all day, but Ruth is taking her to the doctor in the morning for a pre-treatment visit. They are going to go over everything with her as far as side effects and what to expect. I separated all of her clothes tonight so that she can find everything easier. It was easy to do because Ruth has been doing laundry like crazy. When she said she was coming to help, she meant it. Autumn asked her tonight if she would stay forever! I know her family is missing her, because I know for a fact that I will when she leaves. Not just because of everything she's doing, but she has a calming presence and Becka has been at ease since Ruth has been here. It's wonderful to see them together. We need to get the whole family together again soon.

I'm hitting the hay early tonight. I'm going to work early in the morning to get a few extra hours in. Please pray for God to remove pain and fear from my house. Thanks so much for everything all of you have done already. We are blessed with amazing family and friends!

Love you, mean it! More to come.....