Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 147

Monday evening and these days seem to go faster and faster. The older I get, the more I realize that I'm closer to death than birth. It seems like only yesterday I was sixteen without a care in the world. Now I'm 44, and life has so much meaning. I came home early from work this morning. Becka wasn't feeling well and I felt even worse. Something bit me on my hip the other night. I'm pretty sure it was a spider, but my stomach has been upset ever since. I came home and laid back down for a couple of hours, but I'm still about to drop, so I'm going to bed right after this. Becka has been hurting in her side and her feet and legs. I'm sure that will go away, but for now it's very uncomfortable for her. We just got back from my nephew's birthday party. I broke my diet big time, and I'm not even thinking about running on the treadmill tonight, so it's all good. I'll make up for it tomorrow. The party went well and everyone had a good time. Like I said last night, life has somewhat returned to normal. I found out yesterday that an old friend of mine died about a week ago. She wasn't much older than me. Her cancer beat her it seems, but she was a heavy smoker. Smokers can't get the type of cancer Becka has. Only non smokers can get adenocarcenoma. Becka is beating hers, but it just seems like everyone I know has cancer these days. It may be a sign of the times. I think it's caused by Smart Cars. Wouldn't it be ironic if they found out that the batteries in electric cars are causing cancer?

God Bless my friend Patty and her family, and God Bless anyone who is fighting this. Never stop fighting. Never give up. We only get one shot at this life, and when I die I know where I am going, but I want to go on God's terms, and not the enemies. I'm fighting for every single second I can have with Becka and the kids!

Good night and God Bless you all! There is a smoking hot lady on my couch that needs her feet rubbed!