Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 133

It's Monday night and it's amazing how things can change in five minutes. Today has been a great day. I worked all day, then I went to the doctor this afternoon, and he gave me a prescription and a card that made it free at the pharmacy! That was awesome. It paid my copay for me! I brought some stuff home to make salads and I made Becka one with baby carrots, and Andrew one with everything but the kitchen sink. I think we are missing a dog by the way. MAN that kid can eat. You've heard of "Feed the Children" charities. I'm going to start one called "Feed our Andrew". Anyway, things have been great lately except for the fact that Becka is hurting in her side, so we both called the doctor today. Here's the scoop. ALL of her tumors have shrunk! There are NO new ones, and the chemo is working! They expect her to be in full remission! God is truly good, all the time! It's absolutely the best news we have ever gotten. She has two more chemo treatments, one tomorrow and one next week, then that's it for a while! We are overjoyed! So after supper I went to taekwondo adult class. It was a great class because we did target drills and I LOVE target drills! Everyone that takes a form of martial arts likes target drills, trust me. I got home and got the kids to bed, fixed myself a cup of coffee, then came out on the porch to write this. That's when Becka all of a sudden knocked fiercely on the back door to tell me that she was sick. She ran to the bedroom with me in pursuit, and I grabbed a trash can and held her until it was over. I'm not sure what made her sick, but she's okay now. I got her in to bed after she cleaned up, then gave her some meds. She should sleep all night, but I'll be keeping one eye open just in case. It's going to be okay. One day my beautiful wife will feel good all over again, and we won't even think about cancer. I can see that day coming, I pray it's sooner than later, but it will get here.

I'm going to owe her doctors a debt for the rest of my life. I don't mean money. I mean I owe them for giving me Becka back. I know they are doing their jobs, but they didn't have to go in to oncology or radiology. Trust me, there is a lot more money in cosmetic surgery. These doctors are special, and I pray with all of my heart that one day they will need my help for something, and I will be in a position to help them. I just checked on Beck and covered her up with her favorite soft green blanket. I have to keep it a little cool downstairs because our house it two levels with only one heating and air-conditioning system, so the kids burn up if it's not running. It stays about eight degrees warmer upstairs than it does downstairs, so we have to bundle Becka up. I bought her an electric throw. It does a great job, plus we had to replace our bed warmer the other day. The old one gave out, and the bed has to be warm for her to be able to get comfortable. Her side hurts her so she has to lay on her right side all of the time. I don't mind because I get to curl up behind her. I love my Baby so much, I can't express it in words!

And I love all of you as well. Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers, because guess what....they worked! God is healing her. He is going to use this for his glory, and we are going to shout from the mountain top that By His Stripes, we are healed! She is going to be a VERY powerful witness!

God Bless and good night. I'm going to bed. I'll let you know tomorrow how things go, but it's eight hours of chemo, so we know what's coming. Please continue to pray!