Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 119

It's Monday evening and things are good. Becka had her Cat Scan this morning. It went well except for the stuff she had to drink. It was awful and made her gag, but I have to hand it to her, she drank it all. I don't know if I could have. Surely they can come up with something less horrid! We get her results back tomorrow morning. Pretty much everything is riding on those results as to whether or not they will continue on their present treatment. I just pray that we get the same news as we did the other day. She's been through so much and walked through all of it with Grace. If anyone deserves a break, it's her. The doctor will decide whether or not she will get a chemo treatment based on the results. I hope she doesn't need one because she's feeling so much better, and I desperately want her sense of taste to come back so she can enjoy her food again. No matter what, we are fighting this hand over fist until she is cancer free. Total remission is the only acceptable outcome. So many people are praying for her, and we are grateful for every one of you! 

Becka's brother David got here safely! He is going to the doctor with us in the morning. I wish he could stay longer, but he is only staying until Wednesday, then he's flying to Canada. He works for the Obama Administration and his job is to make sure the Pipeline never goes through. JUST KIDDING! That was just to make Ruth laugh! He is more conservative than I am. I'm really glad he's here. It puts Becka at ease when her family is near. I really hope we can get the families all together this year. 

I went to Taekwondo tonight. We did kicking drills until my legs almost fell off. It just isn't the same without Andrew. He won't be back until tomorrow night. I wouldn't enjoy it anywhere near as much if he and I didn't do it together, but I do love it and need it actually. Taekwondo is an outlet for me, and it's keeping me in as good of shape as I'm capable of. I'm grateful for the family member who is helping us financially with it. They wanted Andrew and me to continue and not disrupt his life any more than it already has been. The kids have actually been wonderful through all of this. Our lives as a family changed last October, and they will never be the same again. In some ways, it's a good thing. We have definitely become closer and we lean on each other more, and we also lean on God even more than that. He is the biggest part of our life, and all of our strength comes from him, usually through all of you. Becka has cancer, but it doesn't have her, and it definitely doesn't have us. We belong to the Lord, bought and paid for by Christ on the cross!

I will post the test results early tomorrow in my blog just as soon as we get them. God Bless all of you and thank you! I'm going to read a little then go to bed. Sweet dreams!