Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 146

It's Sunday evening already. It's been a busy weekend and today has flown by. Tomorrow it's back to the grind stone, but I'm grateful for a good weekend. I went back to sleep this morning until about Nine O'clock. I never sleep that long, but it felt great. Becka went to our friend Fern's baby shower this afternoon. She's feeling so good these days. It's only been about a week that she's been able to drink coffee again and enjoy it! I know she's been through the ringer, but she looks stunning! She and I went to the laundry mat this afternoon and washed all of our big stuff, then we came back here and I hung up our bed spreads and bath rugs to dry while she went to the shower. Life is actually normal. Now we have to start thinking about paying some doctor bills seriously. Her doctors have all been miraculous, so I want to work out an arrangement that suits them and us. At any rate, we will be paying them for the rest of our lives, but it's worth every cent. God has brought us this far. I'm sure he is going to work that out for us too as long as we do our part and make honest efforts.

I made spagetti for supper out of the left over sauce from the lasagna I made. Becka is making supper tomorrow. She has some fantastic chicken recipes for the crock pot! I have to say, it's a total miracle how far she has come. She is reminiscent of the words of Jim Valvano who said, "Never give up. Never ever give up." There is no quit in my wife. She put her faith in God and the doctors and she's almost well now. If there is any doubt about God's grace, just consider this fact. Six months ago she was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer. The cancer had already spread to different parts of her body including her brain. Today, she is almost in complete remission. God is so good, all of the time. Our time together means more than it ever did to me. When I look at her, (I didn't know this was possible), I love her more each time. She's my soulmate, my inspiration, and my best friend. Even though we have our differences, it's our love for each other that binds us. There are things that I will never understand about her, like, How could ANYONE not think that Monty Python's "The Holy Grail" isn't funny? Oh well, I guess if that's our only disagreement, we will be just fine.

If you are going through hard times right now, please go back and read this blog from the start. I can't believe that I feel the way I do tonight, when just months ago I thought that the sky had fallen down. Today can always bring me blessings if I look for them, and I have to put myself in positions to receive them as well. If I can be of help to any of you, please let me know.

God Bless and Good Lord Willing, I'll see you tomorrow!