Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 142

Wednesday and it's been an interesting day. I went to work and about lunch time, my father called me and told me that my Uncle and my Brother had been in a very bad car wreck. I couldn't leave work immediately, so I called around and no one knew anything except that they had both been taken to the hospital. I finished what I had to do, ran home and changed clothes, then went to the hospital. Becka had picked up the kids at school and taken them to the dentist. I found out that my Uncle had been driving his SUV and my brother was riding with him. Apparently, a lady pulled out in front of them and they didn't even have time to brake. He hit her doing about 45 mph. My brother looks like someone hit him with a bat. The airbag got him in the face, and his knee hit the dash. He's not going to be feeling very well in the morning. My Uncle was knocked unconscious. They took him by ambulance to the hospital where they put him in a neck brace and did a CAT scan. Apparently they didn't find anything bad because they sent him home, (he doesn't have insurance). Both of them were lucky. God was definitely watching out for them. My Uncle's truck was totaled, and he's going to be hurting financially, but he's alive. That's really all that matters. Please keep them in your prayers.

Becka on the other hand is doing great! She got out of the house all day, and tonight she and I went to the grocery store, and then to Taekwondo testing. Some friends of ours were testing for their red belts. We just got home and are getting ready for bed. It's been a trying and emotional day. I'm very grateful to God for protecting my family today. I know he did. Things could have been so much worse. I'll keep you posted, but for now, I'm going to love on my wife for a bit!

Good night and God Bless as always!