Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 129

It's Thursday night, almost the weekend! I really should work Saturday but I'm going to go ahead and take the rest of my sick hours for the other day when I took off with Becka. There is a lot I need to do around here. Between cleaning, laundry, and the yard, my weekend will be full. I'm very grateful for today! I had my truck worked on this afternoon, and while they were servicing it, Becka drove to the Mall and met me for lunch! We walked through the mall and up to the food court. She had a salad and I had a piece of pizza, then we walked in to a couple of shops. One of the newer shops at the mall is wall to wall costume jewelry at very reasonable prices, so she bought a ring and some ear rings, then we walked in a very cool toy store. I don't care how old you are, toy stores are always fun and uplifting because they make me think of kids playing with them. Okay I admit it, there were a few toys I would love to play with!

I got a new toy and I don't know how I ever lived without it. Autumn gave me her IPOD because she saved up her money and bought an IPHONE the other day. It's my very first Apple device. I still use my old MP3 player. This thing is really cool! I bought a fifteen dollar Itunes card and downloaded some songs by Darlene Zschech. She's one of my favorite singers. She has a few solo albums, but she's best known as the lead singer of the Christian group "Hillsong". I also downloaded some Josh Grobin, Mercy Me, and of course, The "Soggy Bottom Boys". I downloaded my favorite song of all time, "Praise you in this storm", by Casting Crowns. No song has ever touched my heart like that one, except maybe Amazing Grace. I'm going to download some games as well. Angry Birds will definitely be on my IPOD! Steve Jobs was definitely genius, for his inventions, and for the people he chose to hire. God Bless him.

This has really been an awesome week. One thing that has absolutely rocked has been the fact that every time someone asks, "How is your wife doing", I get to say, "She's doing great"! I LOVE having my Angel back. Walking arm and arm through the mall together today brought back so many memories, like the first time I ever saw her in person. We had been friends on line for some time, so I drove to Chattanooga Tennessee to meet her. We met in a parking lot, and when I pulled up, she came running up to me and embraced me. I knew right then that I wanted to feel her arms around me for the rest of my life, there was no doubt. The only doubt I had was how I was going to make her happy being the man I am, and I tried to run from her, but I've learned since that when God wants something to happen, it will happen his way every time. I loved Becka before I ever met her. I loved the idea of her, I just didn't know she existed. God's timing was impeccable, because if she had met me any earlier, it wouldn't have worked. God had to work on me and change my heart before I could give it to her. He really is an amazing Heavenly Father!

We still don't have any idea about her scan. I hope we find out tomorrow, and if we do I'll post it. I'm going to go vege out with my wife on the couch for a few then hit the hay. God Bless and sweet dreams! Same time tomorrow, Good Lord willing!