Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 125

It's Sunday night and I'm just now sitting down at 9:30pm. It's been a great Easter weekend here. I had to work yesterday, and today we were gone, so I finally got my housework done tonight. I pulled the stove out and cleaned behind it and I "GI'd" our bathroom. You can eat off the floor, but I wouldn't recommend it. We had a great dinner at my Mother's house, although I could tell she was in pain the whole time. She threw her back out about a week ago. Please pray with me that it will stop hurting soon.

I had a revelation today. I got real anxious when I thought about going to my mother's. I have become severely claustrophobic over the years. I stop breathing and get extremely irritated when I'm in a crowd of people, even my family members. I've always had a problem with crowds, but it has gotten worse to the point where I start hyperventilating just thinking about it. It's alright though. I usually just walk outside for a minute. I'm sure everyone thinks I'm being a jerk, but if they only knew. Anyway, the revelation I had wasn't about that. I got home and sat down for a minute and started watching "Facing the Giants" which is one of my favorite movies. The coach was talking to his players about living for God in every aspect of their lives. It hit me that I hardly ever do. I pray, then I go about my day as if I'm in control. I should be living every second for the glory of God, no matter what I am doing during the day. I'm not going to make this sound like a sermon. It's just something I need to work on. When things go right, I need to praise him. When things go terribly wrong, I need to praise him, and I need to live the way I feel, which is grateful. I'm grateful for the fact that he is healing Becka. I'm grateful for the fact that he healed me and gave me this life. I'm grateful for today, the day that we as Christians rejoice in the fact that our Lord is risen. I know that we say "He is Risen" quite a bit. It's become a slogan, but I need to remember what that means. He rose after paying the price that I owe. Everything I've ever done wrong in my life or will do again, he bore the punishment, and he rose so that we can live forever. After all that he has done for me, he deserves the best "Me" I can be. Becka is feeling so much better and it's because he loves us and is healing her. We never thought a year ago that we would be where we are today, but our family is closer, and we are closer to God. If nothing else, that makes everything worth it. I know she is the one who has to go through this, and we are still afraid, but there is hope in my house, and to be honest, hope and love are all we need.

God Bless and thanks! Happy Easter to all! Same time tomorrow.