Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 139

It's Sunday night and this weekend has flown by. It's been a fantastic day! We spent the whole day together and we went to the mall to get Autumn's graduation dress. I can't believe she will be in high school next year. She was so little when she got here, and now she's grown in to a beautiful young woman. Becka has hurt all day but she's had no nausea at all and that's a miracle! I cooked cheese burgers for supper and everyone ate good. I had to cook them inside because it's been raining all day, so now the kitchen is clean, I ran on the treadmill, I'm fixing to get in the shower, and we are going to bed. I'm so grateful for the way she feels. I remember what it was like when she first started chemo, and it's gotten a lot better. She is actually able to enjoy life these days, and we have hope for the future. Becka knows that it won't be long before she's feeling better and back to a normal life. I say that knowing full well that we will  never have a "normal" life. We will always live under a small cloud of fear, but this entire experience has brought us closer together than ever before. Our family unit is solid, and I have no doubt that one day Becka's face will be the last thing I see before I die. I love everything about Beck. She's gorgeous, sexy, much more intelligent than me, she loves everyone and they love her, she's caring and trustworthy, and everything a wife could possibly be. She's also my best friend and confidant. Becka is my life, and when I'm with her, I don't want or need for anything. I am truly blessed, and I'm so grateful for the way she is feeling. Only one more treatment!

I just put her to bed and I'm following closely behind. God Bless and sweet dreams! Five O'Clock comes early. Same time tomorrow Good Lord Willing!