Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 122

It's Thursday night and we just got home from Becka's scan. It took almost three hours, but it's worth every second. This scan will finally tell us what we have been waiting to hear, that her cancer is in remission. I didn't know what PET stood for until tonight. PET stands for Positron Emission Tomography, and CT stands for Computerized Tomography. A PET scan is the most state of the art scan because it can distinguish between living and dead tissue at the molecular level. You would think that they would order this kind of scan to begin with, but that's up to the insurance companies. I hope and pray that the Supreme Court finds Obamacare unconstitutional. I don't want some panel of old fogies in Washington deciding how to treat my wife. I want her doctor's to do that.

We left the hospital and went by the "Hero House". Becka ate a lamb Gyro on Pita bread! Her appetite is coming back and I love it! She's lost five more pounds on the Becka Patton Starvation Diet. It's very successful if you want to lose seventy pounds in three months. Maybe Dr Phil will have her on! All kidding aside, it's wonderful to see her enjoying food again. I'm glad they put off her Chemo until after Easter so that she can enjoy Easter dinner. She and I are watching a new show called "Missing". It's pretty good if I do say so myself. She just got cold so she put on some socks, inside out. She always wears them inside out because she doesn't like the seam. I think it's a fashion statement! Autumn never wears matching socks, so they can get together and start a trend. Unmatched socks worn inside out!

Life is awesome today, better than it ever has been. We have renewed hope for the future and we are going to take full advantage of it. There is still some fear involved as to why Becka's lymph nodes are enlarged, but she's come this far. We are over the hill and the rest is downhill. My faith is strong and God is in charge. I'm so grateful for the answers to prayer! I said that all I wanted was "time", and he gave it to us. Thank you Lord!

God Bless and good night! Tomorrow is a new day. Always remember one thing. The ONLY people I ever need to get even with are the ones who have helped me!