Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 145

It's Saturday night and I'm sitting on my back porch, yelling at my dog to be quiet. He thinks the neighbors are constantly trying to steal our stuff. You could say that our lives are somewhat back to normal. Today has been a lazy day. Becka and I went to breakfast this morning, and then to a couple of yard sales. We came back here and spent the rest of the day relaxing. Both of us took a long nap, then we cleaned up and I made a huge pan of lasagna. Becka is feeling great, she just wears out easily. Her strength will come back after all of this is over. We are counting down to her last chemo treatment, then she will have to take Aridia on a regular basis. It's a very good cancer drug that hopefully will keep her in remission. My head is spinning. I just ran for twenty minutes on the treadmill. I cheated on my diet today, but that's okay. Tomorrow it's back to a "fat free" regimen.

I wish all of you could have seen Becka last night. We went to my Nephew's talent show, and she wore a dress that she hasn't worn in years, put on make up, and wore a beautiful scarf on her head. She was absolutely gorgeous! Everyone commented on how beautiful she looked. I would love Becka just the same if she was hideous, but it's a major plus to have such a "Hot" wife! She's starting to grow peach fuzz on her head, so her hair should be back just in time for summer! The past five months have been such a journey for us, but we weathered the storm and are on the last leg. Paradise awaits! This experience has changed us in so many ways. We appreciate everything good that happens now. She and I have never been closer and our relationship is carved in granite. Our marriage means more than it ever did. Every second counts now, and we try to make the most of our time with each other, friends, and family. I pray that we continue to grow and we never forget what we went through to get here. It really is all about gratitude!

I need a shower, so I'm going to turn in. Good night and God Bless! Same time tomorrow I hope!