Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 137

It's finally Friday and I'm spent. I can see bedtime coming early tonight. Becka has been laying down for a couple of hours now. The chemo has kicked in, but it could be a lot worse. All of her energy is gone and she's hurting, so I gave her a pain pill and an anti nausea pill. I don't expect her to get back up today. I got off of work a little early because I didn't want her to be here alone. I came home and ran a load of laundry, then cleaned up a little. I cooked a roast in the crock pot all day so the kids and Becka ate supper. She ate a plate and then ate a second helping of baby carrots, so that part is good. She got a little emotional when she first laid down. My Baby has been sick for so long now. I held her and reminded her that she only has one more treatment. We can and will get through this, and she is going to feel much better.

I was so proud of Andrew. I took him to sparring class then stayed and watched. He went up against a boy who is a double black stripe and is testing tomorrow for his black belt, and Andrew tore him up. He knocked him down twice with kicks to the body, and with two seconds left, Andrew nailed him with a roundhouse to the kidneys for a point! He is so impressive. His form and technique are spot on. I'm going to work with him this weekend on his "aggressiveness". I'm trying to teach him about the "fight before the fight". I'm going to show him how to snarl, and make his opponent think he's going to eat his parents after the match, just by his facial expressions. If you can inject fear in to your opponent, then you have already won the match because they are going to naturally be in a defensive mode instead of offensive. The tournament is going to be great! I just pray that Becka is up for it. Black belt testing is tomorrow and Andrew and I are going to go if Becka is okay. He wants to go to a new place that just opened up that is full of trampolines. You can jump from one to the other inside. We are definitely going to check that out!

I'm going to check on her and work out for a bit, then go to bed. Please pray that she doesn't get any sicker than she is. I keep telling myself that all of this is necessary, and she's going to be fine. One day soon, this will be a bad memory.

God Bless!