Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 270

Friday night. 270 Days since my baby was diagnosed with cancer. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. I'm worried tonight. Right now, she's asleep in the chair. I gave her a long hot shower with the new shower head I bought yesterday. It rocks! You'd have to see it to appreciate it, but anyway, I put lotion on her and special lotion on her head for the radiation. If we don't use special lotion, her head cracks open because the skin has been so damaged. What has me worried is her feet. Beck has swollen up all over. She has chipmunk cheeks due to the steroids. She can't wear her rings anymore because of it, and her feet have been swollen for a while, but tonight they look like balloons, and they are hurting her. We have a foot soaker / massager that I filled up and put salts in so that she could soak her feet, then I gave her a pedicure, but it didn't help. They are so swollen that it is harder for her to walk than every before. If they haven't gone down by morning, I'm calling the doctor. I gave her a couple of vicodin and she's feeling better. She will probably go to bed in a few since I already heated it up a while ago. 

I just baked a cake and it looks really cool. It's a yellow, fudge marble cake. I'm waiting on it to cool so I can ice it. I cooked burgers on the charcoal grill for supper and they were great! I usually make my own burgers by mixing A-1, eggs, and Lipton Onion soup mix in my meat, but tonight we cooked "Bubba Burgers". They are frozen patties that are already made up and you just throw them on the grill, but I'll tell you a little secret. (Sprinkle Lowery's on them while they are cooking). 

I'm feeling better tonight physically because today at work, I parked under a tree and took an hour nap. The home office will be calling me Monday to make sure that the hour I put in for lunch was correct. Most of the time, I put in half an hour. I'm always sure to be precise with my time. The company has been too good to me for me to take a minute from them. My nap was awesome. I fell asleep to the sounds of Rush Limbaugh's voice. That's kind of scary, but I was so tired it didn't matter who was talking. Beck is laying next to me in her lift chair listening to her IPOD. She loves her music. It soothes her and takes her mind to a good place. I just put a couple of pillows under her feet to elevate them. I pray that the swelling goes down tonight. It's already hard for her to walk. This just makes it worse. I hate cancer with all of my being. I never realized what people go through when they are fighting it. I do understand why some people don't fight, but that doesn't apply to Beck. She's my warrior queen, and I admire her more than I've ever admired anyone in my life. She still tells me every day that she loves me. I'll never feel like I deserve her, but I will do my best to show her how I feel by my actions, for the rest of our lives together.

I'm going to put her in bed and probably go myself. Two dear friends are coming to see us Sunday! I can't wait to tell you the truth. I can't say who because it's a surprise to Beck. 

Sweet Dreams. Good night and God Bless.